made fresh daily: psu haiku

this blog is most defiantly not l-o-u-s-y!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

psu haiku

lately, i have been besieged with mindless work in large quantities, preventing me from journaling my thought here on mfd. however, the fog of work was temporarily lifted by a piece of email correspondence sent to me from an mfd community member (code name: sweltering heat) in which he waxed poetic about our beloved nittany lions. it got me thinking, what better way to pass the time until fall than to write a :30 psu haiku (quite literally a haiku written with no more than 30 seconds of thought put into it). here is my first crack.

(stage note: incense wafts through the air, birds chirping in the background mixed with the sound of gently falling water)


blue white everywhere
mt. nittany, rolling hills
fall in state college


a true masterpiece on my first try! i will add a few of these to the blog from time to time, mostly when i am overwhelmed at work and need serenity. i would invite all of you to do the same. we will gladly post any submissions.

(please note that all pitt-centric haikus will be subject to merciless scrutiny. thank you.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wax On, Wax off, Wax Poetic, Submission 1, Volume 1

Butkis, Bednarik
Paul Pozlusny Wins them all
I have a man crush

12:56 PM  
Blogger robb said...

bravo my good man! bravo!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see batons spinning
blue sapphire is halftime show
sparkles everywhere

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site traffic counters