made fresh daily: routine

this blog is most defiantly not l-o-u-s-y!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

routine


routines are either a godsend (helping us get through each day a little easier) or the work of the devil (reducing our lives to a predictable, oft-repeated bore). i have to say that at this point, my routine monday through friday is choking the life out me. wake up, shower, ride two trains for an hour, get a coffee, and sit my ass down in front of my g5 for 8+ hours, and then go home to do it again the next day. i know that i am far from the only person who dreads the monotony of the daily grind, but i can't concern myself with how other people get by, only myself. life as i know it is far too short for all this predictability and ennui.

this is not a declaration of any sorts, i just feel totally stymied and have to find a better way. the only day in-day out routine that i cherish and can see a tangible value in is getting to see my darling wife's smiling face and spending time with the people who's company i delight in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ennui....word-a-day calendar robb?

11:44 AM  
Blogger robb said...

nice try. that is the kind of shit (i.e. word-a-day calendar, crocheted mug warmers, and framed posters with soaring eagles that say 'inspiration') that is driving me to total madness.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site traffic counters